CARING FOR YOUR  CLASSIC CANDLE

The first time you light your candle you must let it burn for at least 2 hours, or until the liquefied wax on the top of the candle (melt pool) reaches the edge of the glass.

Wax has a memory and doing this each time you light the candle will ensure it doesn’t “tunnel” - burn down leaving un melted wax at the edges. Sometimes soot marks appear on the glass but these are easily removed with a damp cloth. You should not let your candle burn for more than 4 hours at a time.

Always trim the wooden wick each time before lighting your candle. 5mm is about right. We find nail clippers are the ideal tool, or you can just pinch off the burnt bit of the wick, removing any residue before lighting the candle. If you find the flame is too big you may find you need to trim the wick further.